Here are some tips to you save time and money at the grocery store:
- Don’t go grocery shopping when you are hungry. When you’re hungry everything looks delicious and you’ll end up with food you don’t need.
- Make a shopping list and stick to it. This will ensure that you buy the food you actually need and steer you away from making impulse purchases.
- Go to the grocery store alone. This may solve the problem of kids begging for stuff on every aisle and spouses throwing extra stuff into the cart.
- Stockpile items you usually use when they are on sale. For example, if your favorite loaf of bread is on sale, buy an extra one and throw it in the freezer or if toilet paper is on sale, buy an extra package.
- Don’t be afraid to try store/generic brands. I personally think Kroger salsa is one of the best salsas out there…and it’s just $1 on sale!