Want to save a little bit on your cooling bills? Here are few ideas.
1. Make sure your weather-strips do not have holes in them. Also caulk around the edges of your windows to keep air from coming in.
2. Close cooling vents in rooms that you are not using. Even close the door as well. No need to cool down rooms you are not using. One room that I do it on is the laundry room.
3. Put of shades and drapes in windows that sunlight beats on directly during the hot season.
4. Buy a digital thermostat if you do not already have one. You can program them to not keep the place as cool when you are not at home.
5. Replace you air filters monthly in the summer when your A/C is running harder than other seasons.